Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Sampler #2

Busy week. I haven't posted much, but been visiting other blogs. There are so many inspiring projects going on out there!
I picked up one of my UFO's to work on:
I started these fans last spring and was interrupted by another project with a deadline for a class. The palette started with this collection:
these fabrics are just so darn cute! I added bunches of scraps (lots of Sweetwater, plus dots and more) and voila! A way scrappy quilt filled with adorable prints and happy colors.

I have been in the mood to dig, so I am rearranging some plants in my garden. I found this incredible ornamental grass...
it is pink and purple and blue and green all at once! and tall and light, so pretty in the breeze! I planted a big group of them for max effect. For other planties out there, it is a Little Bluestem variety called "purple heaven".
And, finally, I sewed up two pillow cases for our troops in Afghanistan as part of Hopeful Threads and Sew Bittersweet Designs' Remember September project.
If you haven't already, follow the button on my sidebar and find out how you can help get to the goal of one hundred handmade gifts for servicemen and women!

Enjoy your weekend!
Sharon

Favorite Bumper Sticker of the day: "if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"



3 comments:

  1. Good morning, Shars! That WIP is adorable!!!!!!!!! I love u and love to the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UFO is so cute! I always look at these cute prints and have absolutely no ideas about what to do with them. This is such a clever idea. I love the prairie points on the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining in the project for the service men and women! Hoppy Froggies, we may meet that goal, yet!
    Love your fans -- that will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...