Sunday, December 2, 2012

A big finish!

My Fans!
Hi, there! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am super excited to show you my finished fan quilt top!
Those borders were a bear and slowed me down a bit, but so worth it, I love it. I have wanted to do a border like this on a quilt for a long time. I just pieced scraps from the fans into four-patches and strips and added some larger squares and rectangles of prints that coordinate. I absolutely love this fabric collection. Some are from a line called "long live vintage" by AdornIt, some are various Sweetwater collections, and lots are from my stash.



We had a beautiful day yesterday, so Cleo and I took a walk in the woods. She wandered around getting covered in burrs while I took pictures of my quilt.

check one off my list. Now, what to start?

Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That turned out really amazing. *Love* that border work, as well as the prairie points on the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out amazing! The borders absolutely make this quilt one of my top favorite of the year. So many people would have stopped at the half square triangles,which would have been great, but you took it to the next level. Absolutely stunning. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. This is just awe-inspiring, Sharon. You have hit just the right balance with your fans and the white "negative" space, and then the stunning border. Wow! It's not busy; it's interesting. I enjoy just looking and looking! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!!! Wowee!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your big finish, the blocks are stunning and you just found the right fabrics, everything matches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, do I love this. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...