Friday, February 22, 2013

Treasure Map Quilt

I have a new pattern to introduce to you! 
(and I will give some away, too)
 I have finished the Treasure Map quilt and pattern, and now have it in my shop. This design is perfect for using either a layer cake or fat eight bundle (I used the fabric collection "Mod Century" from Moda) along with some solids for a modern look. The solids in my quilt are linen/cotton blend and I like the texture that they lend.
 The pattern includes instructions for a small lap quilt or crib quilt (54" x 56"). I backed mine with flannel to make it nice and snuggly and a bit heavier. It is quilted with Sashiko stitching in black thread.
Finishing this quilt and pattern was my goal for the month, so I am linking up with a Lovely Year of Finishes.
If you would like your own copy of this pattern, leave me a comment on this post. Tell me what kind of fabrics you would use for the design and/or what creative spin you could put on it. I will draw some names next week and send out some free copies.

Happy Quilting!
Sharon




My Button

11 comments:

  1. What a great quilt Sharon!
    I would make it in prints - maybe my last bits of Ruby or some Chicopee. but I wonder how it would look in solids? either the background or the cross in solids? Maybe someone with EQ could try it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great pattern! My first thought was to have diagonal rows of crosses in different colours, giving it a diagonal stripe look. Then I thought, white crosses on coloured backgrounds. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would make it in kid prints for a throw for the grandkids. Of course I would have to make two, one for each household.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern! I love the design, your colors and the black sashiko stitching. It all just sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is darling. I've been collecting red & aqua fabrics and I think this pattern would be a good one to show off the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, this is wonderful! You are showing off your talents with these designs....I love the idea of the black sashiko stitching and would love to see you post a closeup for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon another spectacular quilt. I think I would do the quilt in reproduction fabrics. It is so beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt and it's a pattern too! Great job! Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon:

    Love this pattern. I think I would make it out of Marmalade or Vintage by Bonnie and Camille.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think some black and white fabrics, with some of my precious blue and green batiks. What a lovel pattern - it lends itself to all kinds of fabric choices.
    Susan in PA
    susie.galasso@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...