Thursday, November 28, 2013

Midnight at the Oasis: Churn Dash Border

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

Wow! I just barely got this finished to post this week. Those churn dash blocks take some time to piece, but I think they turned out really cute.
*to see previous posts, or if you want to join us, visit the QAL page here*

I decided to go with the soft blue background for these to balance all the navy blue in the previous borders. I also wanted to try something a bit different by emphasizing the pieces of the block in a different way, adding the pink and orange strips to form squares.

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

Something I have noticed about myself as I make a quilt like this: as I progress, it gets scrappier and scrappier! I had put all the fabrics I planned on using in a basket, but now find myself going more to my stash for the right pieces. I think this is due to originally choosing a lot of largish prints that I am now finding don't really work for this small patchwork. 

If you are making one of these (or already have), be sure and add your link so we can all be inspired.

Hope your Thanksgiving was happy if you are in the States. Now we officially enter the full swing of Christmas fun!

Sharon


14 comments:

  1. I love how this is coming together! It really looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of MATO. The choice of colours and the placement is inspired. the churn dashes are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, you're doing a great job. Thanks for posting your progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the churn dashes take on the cross look! Looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this print! It is looking great! ;)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana

    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    New Blog Post: Count & Share Your Blessings This Season

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you get the churn dashes to line up so perfectly without cutting the points off? This is amazing!
    contentncm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, it should be published in a quilt magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, your quilt is turning out so COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The borders on this are just amazing! Love the colors and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindo seu blog...
    abraço
    Venha me visitar
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...