Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Book Club: Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

For the month of December, my book club book is "Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe".
I have pretty much wanted this book since it was released, just from seeing the projects on other blogs, but I only just found it at the store. I happened to have a coupon, so I scooped it up. It did not disappoint.
fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

For my monthly block, I made a sawtooth star inspired by Jeni Baker's pattern in the book, "Mini Claw Throw"

Something unique about this book that I love: there are no basic sewing instructions. It is actual quilt patterns from beginning to end. Each pattern is designed by a quilting blogger and then compiled into one book which a huge variety of patterns at all skill levels. (and not all of them are strictly "modern", but some are)

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

Since I am kind of into rainbows at the moment, one of my favorites is the "Rainbow Stash Buster" by Megan Jimenez. Pretty simple, yet so very beautiful and great for scraps!

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

I also really like this one, "Petal Pods" by Jessica Kovach. Wouldn't a whole quilt of these blocks be fantastic?!

So, check your local library or bookstore, if you are looking for the next project, this book might just have it. If you have already made something from this book, please do share on the flickr group.

Have a great week!
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a fabulous book! Yay for coupons! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow one also. Something so yummy about brights with white :). Missing you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great book. I would love to make almost every single one:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...