Friday, December 13, 2013

Midnight at the Oasis: can you say tiny pieces?

Win, win, winner time!
Thanks for the fun this week. I have enjoyed every single comment on my "polka dot bikini" quilt. I might have the kindest readers ever. I wish I could give everyone a copy of the pattern, but I did only choose two, and the winners are…
Caroline (visit her blog at lalinsocal.com)
Sarah (visit her blog at berrybarndesigns.com)

The success of this quilt has given me such encouragement and confidence to try more in the way of quilting and designing… thank you so much to all who shared on social media and took the time to write a nice comment to cheer me on.

******
fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

Here we are at the checkerboard border on the Midnight at the Oasis Quilt

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

I decided to do all my squares in blue and green. Pulled tons of scraps from my stash and had a blast with the variety!

fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com

Did I mention those squares are 1" finished?
I am sorry to say I only have two of the borders on  (the others are almost, though).

I have a cold, so I spent my sewing time today sleeping while the kids were at school.
I am only doing two rows of squares instead of three because I made my churn dash blocks bigger than the pattern calls for, so skipping a square and a strip border makes up for that.

have a great weekend and holiday season!

Sharon

Something close to my heart: Tomorrow (Saturday, December 14) marks the one year anniversary of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. My son was in first grade last year and that event has had a very emotional and lasting impact on me. My heart goes out to the families of the children and teachers lost.
If you own guns, please keep them securely locked and unaccessible even to your loved ones. If you know someone struggling with mental illness, please try to help. Smile at a stranger. Hold the door for someone. Let someone go first in line. Our smallest actions can make such a difference in another life.

***
Link up your progress on the Midnight at the Oasis Quilt Along! Please Link back to this site in your post. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Caroline and Sarah. Thank you for hosting the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern Sharon! Sewing my churn blocks onto my MATO quilt last night I just kept thinking of trying your bikini quilt block! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners! Lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, let me know you visited and what you like, give me a suggestion, ask a question. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...